Ballina Info is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of visitors to our websites as well as the privacy of our customers.
For visitors, we've structured our websites so that, in general, you can visit us on the web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
For customers, once you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified), you can be assured that it will only be used to support your customer relationship with Ballina Info.
Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our site, or for our customers' level of compliance with our code.
Visitors to Our website
What information do we collect?
When you visit our website, our web server collects basic user information about you that includes your ISP's domain, the time you accessed our website and the pages from within our website that you visit.
How do we use this information?
The basic user information collected is used to help us analyse web traffic and to improve the content of our website. Cookies may be used to facilitate your customer interaction with us. For example, we may use a cookie on the landing page of products sold online which record the customer information that is required on the order form, and then forward this information to our internal sales tracking database.
We may from time to time disclose to third parties aggregate information on our website's traffic profile. For example, Internet advertising companies may require this data to help us better target our advertisements on our website(s) and/or other websites.
Note that our site provides links to products and services offered by other companies; the company's website that you link to will be able to determine that you linked from our website.
Your email address
We only collect and hold your email address in order to send you the newsletters and other information you have requested. You can unsubscribe at any time for any reason, unreservedly. If you ever have a problem with your subscription, feel free to contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may occasionally send Special Reports or Offers that you may find valuable or that you have requested. These may include information about specific partners' or third party's products but will *always* be informative in nature and are *always* written by our own in-house editorial team.
We work hard to ensure that our visitors and customers only receive the communication they wish to have or that we are obliged to provide. As such you can unsubscribe from any newsletter or special report/offer communication any time. At the bottom of every email and newsletter we send out is a link that allows you to unsubscribe. That link also helps you change email addresses quickly and easily.
Alternatively, just email us at Customer Service at email@example.com and we'll take care of it.
Feel free to contact our Customer Service Manager if you have any queries or concerns, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ballina Info Customers
What information do we collect?
When you sign up for Ballina Info 's services, you provide us with both contact and payment information. Contact information typically includes your name, address and phone number. Payment information typically includes your credit card number.
While you are an Ballina Info customer, we manage information with regard to your account status, choice of services and customer logs. In addition, we may store customers' electronic mail and other communications as a necessary incident to the transmission and delivery of those communications.
How do we use this information?
We use the contact information you provide us with to establish our service for you. We use payment information for payment processing purposes only. We create and maintain other information such as customer account status, choice of services and customer logs in the normal course of providing a service.
Ballina Info may share customer information with selected partners/third parties, for example, to provide you with information about products that might be of interest to you or to enable you to take advantage of special partner programs. Ballina Info may also use customer information to provide customers with system information or information about new or upgraded products.
We may use your personal information to:
- contact you in relation to upgrading your use of our services, special offers (from us, or on behalf of third parties), with newsletters, surveys, and individual service audits. We may give extracts of our customer lists containing personal information to third party contractors to do this on our behalf. We will ensure that those contractors are bound to protect your personal information to the same standard that we are.
- identify the source of new customers to Ballina Info;
- monitor and address complaints, other feedback, and to resolve disputes;
- in the case of credit cards, to bill you for services;
- in the case of ABNs, to verify your identity;
- maintain a technical and account history of your dealings with us, and to reestablish your account with us where you rejoin as a customer within six months after having terminated your account;
- monitor your compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy and other terms and conditions of supply;
- comply with our reporting and other obligations to third party licensors (such as reporting to software suppliers the number and identity of software licenses we have issued as part of our products).
We will not otherwise disclose customer personal and account information unless we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, make contact with or bring legal action against someone who may be causing harm or interfering with the rights or property of Ballina Info, our customers, or others, or where Ballina Info has good belief that the law requires such disclosure.
Neither will Ballina Info, except for reasons stated below, disclose to third parties the contents of any electronic mail or other electronic communications that Ballina Info stores or transmits for its customers. The circumstances under which Ballina Info will disclose such electronic customer communications are when:
- It is necessary in order to provide service to the customer
- It is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of Ballina Info and its customers
- It is required to cooperate with interception orders, warrants or other legal processes that Ballina Info determines in its sole discretion to be valid and enforceable
- It is necessary to provide to a law enforcement agency when the contents are inadvertently obtained by Ballina Info and appear to appertain to the commission of a crime.
Customers may opt out of receiving newsletters and/or notices of new or upgraded products from Ballina Info by sending a request to email@example.com. In this request, customers must identify their domain name and contact information.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our Privacy procedures, please contact our Privacy Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will deal promptly with your complaint. If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within a reasonable time, you or we may refer the complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.